Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 1 of Weight Watchers and Spinning Hell


I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting last night with my loving mother and her friend Tina. The meeting was better than I had expected. I thought it would be more like AA for fat people where the newcomers have to stand up, say their name, and tell everyone why chocolate has earned the right to the front seat for life. Instead, the leader (a fabulous lady named Adrienne) shouted encouragement and knowledge for 30 minutes, and I immediately felt empowered to buy vegetables and avoid the free samples at Costco. When I got home last night I threw away my cereal. (Okay, I threw away one box and kept 4... but it's a start.)

Tonight I finally dragged my tired self to the gym and did my first spinning class. It was 60 minutes of hell and I loved it! I hope to go back on Sunday morning if I don't sleep in. This is a habit I'm trying to break, but Bob just looks so comfortable while he sleeps in and I can't help it.


Classes at CSUN start Monday, August 23. I'm excited and scared. Luckily, I don't start student teaching until September 13. That scares the crap right out of me.

Today's WW points: +17 - 9 = 8. I need to be at 25. Time for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment